Hi all. I’ve never posted before so I’m sorry if I do this wrong. (Also if this post is all over the place I apologize just want to vent a little :( )
Feeling a little down today and wanted to share my backstory. First off, I’m not a diabetic. My wonderful amazing girlfriend is type 1, only 24 years old. I’m so proud of how well she takes care of it compared to when we were in HS. Brought her A1C down to 6.2!
For the past month she’s been experiencing awful insomnia, trouble breathing, along with her history of high blood pressure it was kinda... worrying. Finally got her to go in to the ER something just didn’t feel right. Come to find out, there’s a high possibility she has diabetic kidney disease, I’m not sure about the stage but she has extremely high levels of protein and potassium in her blood which isn’t good from what I’m seeing.
I really try not to google things.. but it’s so hard not to. I just want to know but at the same time I’m making myself so sad about it all. I want to be strong for her because she always is so positive and I can tell she hasn’t been feeling too well all year and I feel guilty for not trying to figure more out. I just I don’t know where my mind is for the past few days since she been emitted.
So I guess the purpose of this is just to inquire about anybody living with diabetic kidney disease, how are you doing? Anybody who was able to possibly reverse it, how early did you discover the disease? I’m sorry if this is too forward idk lol thanks guys for trying to understand me in advance
Social Plugin