Just found out I am diabetic today.

I am a 37 year old male, pretty overweight. I can't say I am surprised, I tried a few things to be more healthy. 2 years ago I cut out energy drinks, a year and a half ago I cut out alcohol, soda, tea, pretty much everything except water. 2 weeks ago I started getting really thirsty and peeing every 45 minutes, and just generally exhausted. I also have anxiety, but through CBT, I pretty much told myself that it was all in my head. Anyway. I went to the doc today just to get some peace of mind, and through the blood tests I found out that I am indeed Diabetic. I don't know what type, they didn't tell me. I am supposed to meet with someone at the clinic Monday morning to learn more about handling everything, testing, and I don't know what else. I am also on 500mg of metforman 2 times a day, The doc said he would probably raise that dosage in 2 weeks when I go back to see him, he told me that he wanted me to visit every 2 weeks for a while. To be honest I am pretty scared. After getting the results back my anxiety has kicked into overdrive. I guess I just wanted to introduce myself to the community, maybe get some advice. A week is a long time to wait for more answers from the clinic. THANKS EVERYONE.