TL:DR -- What does foot neuropathy feel like when it starts?
I am having some weird stuff with my feet this week. Can't tell if it's from bad shoes or bad nerves or something else. My middle toes both hurt all week, and then my feet are tingling a lot sometimes. When I step on my left foot it feels like the pad behind the toes is like a squishy, wet shoe. That's new.
My feet often feel weird, really -- super cold when my glucose seems normal in the low-80s; and they feel bubbly then, too. Or super burning hot if I sit at my desk with shoes on for maybe 45 minutes. It's happening now -- feels like they're cooking. This is kind of an ongoing on-and-off thing, but this week it is particularly annoying.
My glucose is usually around 100-110 the past two months. I was mostly in the 80-100 range for a good year-and-a-half. But my honeymoon took a nosedive in April. It got really much harder, and I tripled my daily insulin.
In my late 40s, diagnosed T1D two years ago, but was misdiagnosed for at least 6 years before that. Started at A1C in the 13s and dropped to low 6s, and then low 5s w/ low carb.
I did develop carpal tunnel 3 years before dx, and looking back, believe it was probably from the undiagnosed T1D. I can feel the tips of my toes and bottom of my feet with a light touch or pen tip. But dragging like a piece of floss across my arm, I can feel that -- but no so much across foot. They get really dry sometimes, but not today. I don't know what's normal anymore.
It seems like I shouldn't have a problem, yet, but my dear feet.... They're just kind of hot and annoyed and buzzing right now. o_O
I'm a big an of Dr. Bernstein, and he says neuropathy is reversible at normal glucose in the 80s, and that it takes a long time, and that it will hurt in reverse. So, I don't know what to think -- at 110, is it getting worse, or getting better, or what?
Social Plugin