my diabetes tattoo, more remembrance then awareness

https://preview.redd.it/wh7e76fryuz31.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d62cbc1685e5a25e315eb99c8d8f30d2bcfc1556

Long time lurker on this sub. This is my type 1 diabetes tattoo. Diagnosed on 10/28/2016 at 16 years old, 1000 days later got this tattoo. 1 by 1 inch solid black square, a silent reminder to me about the struggle I have gone through and have survived, all the sleepless nights and wasted days due to high or low sugars.

18 inches or so around that part of thigh with ¼ inch margins can fit near 14 of these squares, around 38 years of diabetes history. When and if it gets cured I will end the square on whatever proportion of the thousand, if i die from this disease or otherwise it will end on the last square.

I believe that having it in a position that it is only visible when i go to the bathroom, wear shorts and shower has been beneficial because I can decide who to share it with. And now I have shared it with you beautiful people.

Have a good day diabuddies.