Please listen to those close to you if they say you are acting like you're not ok

Sorry if this is not an ok place to post this, but I really need to say it somewhere.

My dad was diagnosed with type 1 when he was 13. He has been managing for 37 years and does triathlon pretty frequently and has done work to help other diabetics feel ok about their condition. He knows exactly how diabetes effects his body and for the most part is very conscious about it. The issue is he sometimes refuses to admit that he may not be fine. I've seen him do some very stupid shit with his blood sugar out of whack and I know the signs well.

Anyway, we went to see Knives Out earlier tonight (extremely awesome movie btw) and his phone, which he uses to monitor his blood sugar, died while it was alerting him that he was very high. When we left the theater he was acting like he always does when he has high blood sugar but I didn't say anything. We got in the car, and he tells me that his phone died after alerting him but he assumed it was because he went back to normal. I trusted his gut at first, but when he started driving he was being very irrational and not making any turns so I ask him if he's ok. He said he was, but he has a very obvious tell in his voice when he isn't. I forced him to pull over after about 1/4 mile and let me drive, but he protested. I demanded he show me that his blood sugar was normal, but his phone hadn't turned back on yet so he let me drive much to his discontent.

We make it about halfway home when his phone finally turns on and shows his blood sugar was 250.

You may know your body, but the people who know you can tell when you're not acting normal. Especially when behind the wheel it's important to listen to them, worst thing that'll happen is you have to check your blood sugar for no reason.