Diabetes advice for an upcoming college graduate!

Hello! I’m not much of a poster of reddit but I figured this topic warranted a post as I am seeking advice of adult diabetics.

I’ve had type 1 since 2005. I’m currently a 20 year old college student and since my diagnosis, I’ve always had some sort of daily routine when it came to managing my diabetes. I know reality is about to hit me soon where I will soon be 100% independent and my support system may decrease as life progresses so I want to get a head start on what I should know/expect. I’ve had my struggles and been through a lot with this disease but as i approach the “real world”, I seek advice from those who have experienced life while being a T1D. I’ve spoken with my endo and pcp and while they’re both amazing people who have been nothing but helpful, there are certain perspective they cannot give me as individuals who aren’t diabetic.

So I ask for any advice or things you’ve learned as an adult with diabetes. I’d love to hear any tips on how to manage full-time jobs and diabetes, dealing with insurance, diabetes + relationships, or anything you wish you would’ve known. While I’ve dealt with this disease for a while, my time in the adult world has been not been extensive so I want to hear and learn as much as possible.