Most likely have it (waiting to talk to doctor after tests), could use some advice/comfort

Hi all,

I'll try not to write a book here but am feeling pretty upset. So for the past almost 6 months now I've been eating much better (fruits, veggies, whole grains etc) and the doctor had me start at exercising 3-4 days a week of some sort of cardio workout mixed with some weight training. I started this March 30 and have lost about 12 pounds so far. I've been feeling pretty good overall.

Well last week I had an appointment with an OB-GYN as I thought I might have a UTI or something and they checked my urine sample--called back that results were negative but there was some glucose in urine. This alarmed me, as my father has had diabetes since his 20's (he to this day eats like a 5 year old with utter garbage for years) and it runs on that side of the family with multiple people. They scheduled complete blood panels--everything from complete metabolic panel to TSH, Celiac the works. My mom has Hashimoto's thyroid disease and my sister Celiac for reference.

I'm still awaiting some of the test results but so far everything is in a healthy range *except* my sugar. I fasted for about 14 hours due to only having a Friday noon option available and my fasting was 162. This same week my cat was rushed to the vet clinic on Tuesday and stayed there until Friday at 5PM. To say I was highly stressed and had anxiety was an understatement; I also was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, mainly GAD a while ago (30 now) so that didn't help. I also had been doing some HIIT workouts, which I'd never done before, to try and distract myself the few days before the test. I mentioned all of these things to the staff member taking my blood but nothing was written down.

I know stress, water intake etc can affect results, however I also know that with both sides of the family having autoimmune issues there's a chance I really have this.

I still need to talk to doctor and most likely have a few more tests + hashimoto antibodies test, but I'm just feeling really defeated. I've been doing so well and so the reading was like a slap to the face. Just could use some comfort and advice if this is what I think it is.

Thanks -Ashley

Edit: A1C not tested yet, this was comprehensive metabolic panel and other routine tests.